Pages

Tuesday 23 October 2012

Festival of Holy

I have been researching into the festival of Holy, I am really fascinated by this festival as it is so colourful. I thought this would be a great festival that the Indian culture celebrate to incorporate and interpret into my catwalk image. The reason I chose this for my catwalk look instead of me editorial is because I think you can go crazy with the colour and it goes not need to be so precise, therefore this would be much better suited with catwalk. The festival of holy is celebrated by Hindus mostly in Neal, it is the festival of colour. The festival is so unique because it is celebrated with such enthusiasm and goes on for 3 to 16 days. Great colours of gulal and abeer fill the air with a rush of excitement from all who are celebrating and playing with colours. People take turns to throw coloured water at each other. I really want to depict this festival in my image and I think it will be very interesting to work with so much colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment