Pages

Sunday 20 January 2013

Primary research on Indian Culture








I went into Southall, in West London and i did some primary research on Indian accessories and clothes, I wanted to get a idea of how colourfull Indian culture is and i thought this would be the best place for it as it. The whole street was full of Indian shops and markets and it was very colourfull. i looked into accessories first and found that they were very over the top and heavy, also gold is a popular colour of accessories within Indian culture. Then i looked at the clothes for both men and women and again the clothes were very colourfull and had a lot of beads and jewels on them. It was very interesting to see how they used different colours and patterns to put these beautiful pieces together. I went into one shop where they sold statues of Gods and i could see from that why the culture itself is so colourfull because the Gods themselves were very colourfull and were wearing many different accessories. This primary research helped me a lot  to get an idea of how i was going to style my model and what colours to use that will compliment each other  I had a really enjoyable day and learnt a great deal about the culture and was also very inspired to get a move on with my look and put it all together because i had so many ideas running through my head. 

1 comment: